Search Prices for Common Health Care Services
Use the Shop for Care tool below to compare prices and quality for health care services at Colorado health care facilities. Select either “View Imaging Services” (like MRIs or CT scans) or “View Other Services.” Then select a service.
Health care pricing is complex. It can be hard to understand what you will owe before you get the bill. To learn more about health care pricing, see our FAQ page.
Join our mailing list to be notified when we add new services and updates.
Using Shop for Care With or Without Health Insurance
- If you don’t have insurance, use the information to help you choose a facility and discuss prices and payment plans with them.
- If you have insurance, ask your insurance company directly what you will owe. It still helps to use the price tool to compare prices. Higher health care costs for your insurer can lead to higher premiums in the future.
About Health Care Pricing
Health care pricing is complex. It can be hard to understand your costs before you have the service and get the bill. Here are some helpful things to know:
- Prices vary based on your insurance company. Facilities (hospitals, imaging centers, surgery centers, etc.) can have one price for one insurance company, a different price for another, and a still another price for people with no insurance.
- The price you will pay depends on your insurance plan, if you have one. Different plans ask you to pay more or less of the total price depending on your deductible (the amount you pay before insurance starts paying), co-pays (amount you pay for a service) or coinsurance (percent of the price you pay for a service).
- The facility and the doctors you see may all have separate fees. In the Shop for Care tool, the prices in the “Imaging” tab include only facility fees. Prices in the “Other Services” tab include fees for all services before, during, and after the procedure.
- A higher price doesn’t mean better care. Use the “Quality” column in the tool to look at quality as well as price.
For more information about health care prices, see “Understanding Prices: A Consumer Guide” from the American Hospital Association.
Shop For Care
More Health Pricing Data and Reports
- Download the data: Imaging & Procedure (Episode) Facility Price & Quality, 2018
- Interactive Report: Regional Variation for Common Procedures, 2017
- Imaging Statewide Median and Price Variation, 2017
- Download the data: Imaging Facility Price and Quality, 2017
- Procedure (Episode) Statewide Median and Price Variation, 2017
- Download the data: Procedure (Episode) Facility Price & Quality, 2017
- DOI Region Procedure (Episode) Price Variation, 2017
- Download the data: DOI Region Procedure (Episode) Prices, 2017
- Procedure (Episode) Price Breakdown, 2017