Evaluation of one sort or another is built into nearly all industries, though it could slide in under many names: “How’d we do?” surveys, annual employee reviews, or profit and loss statements. Each type of evaluation is intended to identify and measure the processes, outcomes, and impacts of a product, program, or project. When evaluating initiatives in the health care space, specialized evaluators are often used throughout a project to ensure that, after all is completed, those running the initiative have sufficient information to determine whether they succeeded…. or not.
Program Evaluation at CIVHC
CIVHC’s Evaluation Team is trained to meet evaluation needs from consultation and project design to data collection, monitoring, analysis, reporting, training, and capacity building. The services and products the team provides include:
- Full-Scale Program Evaluations – CIVHC’s Evaluation Team can evaluate your project or program from start to finish including collecting and analyzing data, creating infographics, and providing final evaluation reports, executive summaries, slide sets, or other materials.
- Survey Design and Analysis – CIVHC can help you design surveys that ask the right questions in the best ways through use of existing, validated tools or the development of custom survey instruments. Evaluation analysts can also review your data and provide insights.
- Quantitative Data Collection and Analysis- We will work with you to define a set of meaningful and measurable quantitative metrics to track your program’s achievements, establish a data collection plan, and implement, analyze, and present your results. The CO APCD serves as a unique data source that can be combined with your own program data or other sources to provide comprehensive quantitative information.
- Qualitative Data Collection and Analysis – Qualitative analysis can provide rich context that may not be achieved through quantitative assessment alone and can provide valuable information for program design or revision. CIVHC can help you design and implement a qualitative evaluation strategy best suited for your program’s needs.
- Capacity Building – CIVHC staff can help you make the best use of your evaluation data through capacity building, training, program monitoring, and data numeracy education.
- Evaluation Support for Grant Writing – A strong evaluation plan in a grant proposal is critical for ensuring you have the capacity and resources for evaluation activities. Evaluation data can also be powerful when proposing a new program or redesign. CIVHC can assist with writing and reviewing these proposal components, as well as coach staff in developing these skills.
Potential Outputs Related to Evaluation Services
Not sure where to start or don't see the services you need listed? Contact us! We can help assess your needs and identify the best approach.