The Level 3 standard data set was created for researchers without a monetary interest from a payer or health care provider perspective and can be paired with a finder file (for an additional fee) to identify a patient or study population. This data set starts at $13,000 for two years of Commercial payer data.
- Analyze public health trends or research a variety of topics
- Identify high-priority conditions and services for population health management
- Assess population health and inform and assist in policy decisions
- Identify differences in cost and utilization between payer lines of business (Commercial vs. Medicaid, etc.)
- With finder file:
- Track churn and associated care patterns
- Conduct intervention or control retrospective analyses
- Member and provider composite IDs
- Member demographics
- Diagnosis and procedure codes
- Paid amounts (plan and patient paid portions)
- Out of network flag
- Pharmacy data
- Dental data
- Payer code
- Provider NPI, specialty, and location
Download the data elements dictionary here.
Not sure which level is right for you? Contact us at ColoradoAPCD@civhc.org to connect with a Health Data Solutions Consultant who can help determine the right data set for you.
Other available data sets:
- Level 1 – No Payer or Provider-specific info
- Level 2a – Includes Payer Information
- Level 2b – Includes Health Care Provider Information
- Back to the data sets landing page