If you or your organization provides patient care through long-term care, assisted living, or home health, this manual is an essential tool to assist you in providing high quality, efficient, patient-centered care!
In 2010 and 2011, multiple members of CIVHC's Palliative Care Task Force worked together to update this step-by-step, comprehensive manual which serves as a guide to providing quality care for long-term care residents. The document addresses advance care planning and advance directives, pain and symptom management, spiritual and emotional issues, death practices and bereavement support for families and facility staff. A special section provides detailed guidelines for coordination of services with hospice care.
Download the Palliative Care Best Practices Guide
For additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special thanks to the following Palliative Care Task Force members for their valuable contributions in updating the PCBP guide:
- Jennifer Ballentine, MA, Executive Director, Life Quality Institute
- Gayle Bereskin, DO, Work Group Chair
- Frank Cornelia, MS, NCC, Project Coordinator, CIVHC
- Janie Dunckley, MPP, Program Assistant, CIVHC
- David Koets, MD, Chief Medical Officer, The Denver Hospice
- Sherrie Kroemer, DON, Rowan Community
- Jenny Nate, MSW, Director of Policy and Planning, CIVHC
- Susan Pachek, MSW, Agape Healthcare
- Maureen Pangle, RN, ND, CHPN